Thursday, March 4, 2010

Nesting Part Two.......


Have had a compelling need to pretty things up around home so have done a bit of decorating. First up was the dining room wall where I hung some family photos I've been meaning to frame for ages. I bought some cheap frames in black and white from a discount store and hung them all together in a sort of structured way. Didn't turn out so bad and Emma actually recognises the people in the photos and loves to point them out which is cute. I can keep adding new photos as I get them so I'm looking forward to having a wall covered in happy memories.
Next up was a blank wall in Emma's room. I had some pretty lights in the shapes of flowers that I picked up from Ikea so I made up some butterflies and little discs from some brightly covered fabric and stuck them all around. Emma has her own happy garden on the wall.
Oh, and I got my Nanami Cowdroy cushion I ordered from the UK. I don't think the photo does it justice - it's made out of a suede material and I even got a certificate of authentication. Did a bit of experimentation with some little ring sets I made....they're supposed to look like bubbles from the fish.....ok, so it seemed like a good idea at the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment