Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fabulous Handmade and a lesson about self promotion..


Hello there, it's been a while from my last post and I don't really have an excuse apart from the usual life stuff. Had a wonderful day at Handmade - the weather was perfect and there was lots of gorgeousness all around. I had a stall across from two beautiful designers (Please eloise and Little Slave - check them out!) and ended up having to buy something from both of them- it was all too much looking at their beautiful stuff all day!!

I also learned a real lesson recently in self promotion. I have always been a bit shy of it and never really advertised myself - apart from telling people what I do - if they ask me! Anyway, my sister-in-law recently had a birthday teaparty and decorated her place Alice in Wonderland style. I offered to hang my dreamcatchers everywhere since they kind of suited the theme, and ended up selling them all, apart from one, and got an order for some more. So I'll be promoting my work at every opportunity from now on - no more shy Mel!

No comments:

Post a Comment